You got a piece of bread, fresh avocado and a slice of chicken breast. Now whatcha gonna do with that? Here my friend is a great way to stir up your breakfast! Say bye bye to your boring toasted bread with butter (not saying it’s bad, I like it too) because you need to leave that comfort zone of yours.
If you haven’t tried it, this is the perfect time to do so. This time is the best season for avocados in the Philippines and since most of us are in quarantine, you got more time to bake your own bread or better yet, make your starter to bake the unbeatable sourdough (which I did).
Ok. I’m not gonna talk to much. Here’s my favorite Avocado Toast with Pan-Roasted Chicken recipe. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did. I really did!
- Thick slice of bread (I used my home-baked sourdough)
- Boneless chicken breast
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- cherry tomatoes, optional for garnish
- 1 beaten egg, optional for added toppings
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder and sugar
- Pour a teaspoon of oil in the pan then start cooking the chicken breast until it’s fairly cooked which usually takes 5-7 minutes
- Add the balsamic vinegar in the chicken breast and cover the pan with a lid for about 2 minutes
- Set aside the chicken and feel free to slice it into strips
- Feel free to use the same pan and adjust to medium temperature
- Heat oil in the pan to cook the beaten egg
- Season the scrambled egg with salt and pepper
- Keep stirring with a rubber spatula and it normally takes around 3-5 minutes to achieve a hard scramble egg so it’s convenient for you to arrange it in the toast
- Heat butter in the same pan then toast the piece of bread. I usually toast mine for about 5 minutes in a medium-heat for each side. It really depends on the type and thickness of the sliced bread
- In a bowl, slightly mash the avocado and season it with salt, pepper, lemon, and onion. I prefer not to overmix the avocado spread so I can still maintain some chunks of avocado in my toast
- For the best and last part, arrange your toasted bread in a plate then generously spread the avocado mix
- Layer it with scrambled egg then top it off with the pan-roasted chicken
- Take an IG-photo to brag about your lovely Avo Toast!